1. Welcome to The Systems United Navy forums! It looks like you're not signed in, you can fix that by clicking here. You get access to extra awesome features if you're logged in.

Volkrand's Legacy (Dark Heresy 2E RPG)

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by Phoenician, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenician

Phoenician Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sessions: Sundays at Noon CST (6pm UTC)
    First Session: Sunday, March 8th

Mature Content Warning

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Phoenician

About Character Creation:
    You all have the specifics on character creation in your private messages. I do encourage you all to create your characters together! Having a party made up of 50% of one role isn't going to work very well. All characters must have a written backstory (please send me this when you're finished). You may post your character sheet here or send it to me privately. Character creation must be completely finished before the first session.

3. IllOmen

IllOmen Pilot Officer (OF-1)

Do you guys want to get together this weekend to confirm roles?

4. Phoenician

[​IMG]

As your shuttle begins its descent through the atmosphere you look at the envelope in your lap; wondering if you should open it now. The shuttle begins to shake and many within the large compartment start to pray to the Emperor for his protection. Those lucky enough to have seats, grip their armrests tightly. You look outside one of the few viewing portals and see flames dancing upon the outer hull of the ship and below you see the massive shape of a hive city. As the shaking intensifies so do the prayers to the Emperor. The shaking continues all the way to the g round, and with a massive jolt, rockets fire to counter the pull of gravity and a few seconds later your shuttle hits the ground with a bang. Outside you see a space port, surrounded by a ramshackle settlement and people leaving your shuttle; it will be some time before they get to disembarking your section. After many months of travel it is time to do the Emperor’s work....

5. IllOmen

IllOmen Pilot Officer (OF-1)

So, from a character point of view:
    Have we met eachother? Are we all on this ship? What planet is this? Do we know why we're here? Have we met our Inquisitor and he has told us to come here? Are we dropping straight into a mission?

Sorry for the barrage, but I need this for backstory reasons ^^

6. Phoenician

You haven't met each other yet. It's possible that you are all on this very ship but you don't know. The Planet is Desoleum. Until now you have been little more than contacts for the Inquisition until one day you received travel tickets and transfer orders (orders that go above even your boss's boss). Your exact reason for being here is unknown at the moment. You have not met with your Inquisitor personally. However at sometime enroute to the system, a man carrying a copy of his master's Rosette gave you an envelope.

Feel free to ask any questions you need!

Envelope:
    Desoleum Info Sheet.jpg Desoleum Info Sheet v2.jpg Desoleum Primus.jpg Into Note.jpg

7. Kevtor

Kevtor Captain (OF-3)

For the Emperor
    "Who goes there?"​

"I am Phel, son of Kel, of the Blood."​
    "And why, Phel of the Blood, does your worthless carcass grace Angel's Fall with it's pressence?" the Gate Keeper asked.​
    "My village was visited by the Herald that informed us of the coming contest of recruitment. I have travelled the rad-deserts to answer the call to become a Blood Angel," replied a dehydrated, sand scored, and very tan Phel.​
    "I see... Well then boy, by the looks of you you've survived the first test mostly intact. You may enter to rest and revive your strength for the coming trials in a days time."​
    The day came and went and contestants continued to enter Angel's Fall while countless others were never found again. No doubt lost forever in the rad-deserts of Baal Secondus. There were only fifty available slots this recruitment contest, but they've become more frequent as the Black Rage took more and more Blood Angels more often. The next day came quick and the tournaments began in earnest at the crack of dawn, both physical and mental. Phel thought he had acquitted him self well in the physical contests and about average in the mental, but when the list of new recruits was posted his name fell one place short.​
    Kill the Mutant
    "Who am I?"​
    For most of a year Phel wandered the rad-deserts of Baal Secondus after failing to be recruited and taking his anger out on roaving bands of the mutants that plagued his people. His father had taught him much of how to survive in the rad-deserts: looking for food and water, traveling at night then seeking shelter during the day, and how to spot the signs of danger zones and mutant activity. Tonight was different though, the mutants had come looking for him. ​
    He heard them just outside the cave he was currently holding up in. Phel grabbed his gear and took to the shadows of some of the nooks and crevices of the cave network. He calmed his breathing as he silently watched his seven hunters shamble past down to where he had left his cooking fire burning. As the last one passed he counted to five in his head and stepped out into the tunnel and followed slowly pulling out his father's autopistol. Taking aim Phel sighted onto the trailing mutant squeezing the trigger for a full burst. The mutants back cratered with bloody pockmarks that began rising and his head exploded with the last two bullets ripping into it. Quickly he went to the next fired again, then to the third for a final burst. Both mutants went down in the strobic light show and echoing booms of the autopistols firing. ​
    The last four mutants rushed by their fallen before Phel could reload so he quickly drew his chainsword that he "acquired" at some point after Angel's Fall. Phel revved up the chainsword just in time to slice his blood splattering way through the first mutant to reach him and cleaved on through to the second. The last pair of mutants stopped in their tracks, but Phel charged at them letting out a battle cry...​
    Burn the Heretic
    "Who... who are you?"​
    The gore encrusted man slowly turned his head to look down upon the young woman, and then looked back to the three torn apart Cultist that moments ago were about to sacrifice her to their Chaos Lord. He had heard rumors of heretics in the area and heard the local villagers talking about three young women who went missing. Using his skills he honed in the rad-deserts he tracked down the location for their heretical rituals. Unfortunately he'd been too late for the other two. He took hold of some of their demonic parchment and threw them over the bodies. Next he meticuosly picked out a candle from one of the stands alighting one of the other parchmets still on the table. He tossed the burning papers onto the corpses, picked her up into his arms, and took her back to her village. ​
    "I am Phel."​
    Purge the Xenos
    "Who the fuck is this guy anyway?" one of the pilots asked.​
    "I dunno man, but the brass wanted to have a talk with him." the other one stated. "Did you see the size of that monster though."

"Yea that thing was the size of a house. How the hell did he kill that thing and how in the Emperor's name did he survive?"​
    "If you call that surviving," they both looked back into the Valkyries hold where the medic was patching up the strangers wounds. When the squad had spotted him in the air Phel was fighting off some kind of alien creature he'd never seen before that he accidently stumbled across. When Phel awoke he found himself in a white room, bandages covering most of his body.​
    "Why hello Phel. Welcome back to the land of the living," a voice said off to his right. Phel turned his head through the pain to see a tall lanky man in uniform sitting in a chair.​
    "Yes, you're not dead. Although you've been seeking a good death we have a need for your services. Who knows, maybe you'll find what you're looking for."​

Phoenician likes this.
  8. Phoenician

Our first session will be tomorrow at Noon (CST) in the mumble channel After Exterminatus. I look forward to our campaign!

May the Emperor protect you!

DocNolan, Kevtor and Light Cavalry like this.
  9. Phoenician

XP has been updated on your roll20 character sheets (under xp to spend).

Light Cavalry likes this.
  10. Light Cavalry

Light Cavalry Ombudsman (OF-1) Staff Member

You want us to let you know how we spend xp?

11. Baranil

Baranil Rear Admiral Central (OF-5) Staff Member

Why Phoenician, I have to go to work tomorrow, WHYYYYY

Also: I'm gonna get Takedown for 200XP and +5 Toughness for 100XP

12. Phoenician

I'll see it on your character sheet. Also everyone don't forget to add Enemy Cog Lostok to your character sheet.

Because I can :D

13. Phoenician

Next session: Sunday, the 15th at Noon CST
    And to clarify, everyone should have 1100 xp except Grythan who has 800xp since he missed last session. You wont get xp from sessions you missed.

Kevtor likes this.
  14. Light Cavalry

Light Cavalry Ombudsman (OF-1) Staff Member

Can most likely NOT make the next session.

15. Grythan

Grythan Commodore (OF-4)

Hmhm. Question. Is it possible to miss an hour? Like 1-2PM ? I have to eat dinner (it's 7pm to 8pm) for me. Won't take a whole hour, I think. And I really love to play PnP...

16. Phoenician

Everyone present for Sunday's session has received 300xp.

DocNolan likes this.
  17. Baranil

Baranil Rear Admiral Central (OF-5) Staff Member

+5 to Strength (100XP) and Dodge to known (200XP)

18. DocNolan

DocNolan Auxiliary Commander (OF-4)

Increased the Dodge to Known, 300 xp unfortunately, but kinda figured getting rid of the -20 would be handy...

19. Grythan

Grythan Commodore (OF-4)

Increase Awarness to Known, Toughness +5 and Intelligence +5. Makes 300 XP.

20. Kevtor

Kevtor Captain (OF-3)

DocNolan - Yea having the ability to dodge a point blank shotgun blast does come in handy :D

Also since I had an extra hundred left over from last time I've picked up Known Athletics (200) and Known Security (200) just in case I have to pick locks and climb chain link fences.

Sawyer and DocNolan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.