1. Welcome to The Systems United Navy forums! It looks like you're not signed in, you can fix that by clicking here. You get access to extra awesome features if you're logged in.

[OLD THREAD] Systems United Navy - Operational Manual

Discussion in 'Systems United Navy Public' started by Tyrus, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrus

Tyrus Retired (OF-1)

Servicemen

Manual V13.1 out now. Be advised that this is required reading.
    CHANGES V13.1
    - Added new SUN policies, adjusted table of contents.

CHANGES V13.0
    - Restructure of LSG, SUNTAR, Capital Command. Now include sub-units and equalized OF-grades (1-4).
    - Tweaks to operational structure of Fighter Wing, now includes 'command pair'.
    - Changes to structure of General Staff. Ranks re-dsitributed to OF-grades (5-7). Now divided between High Command (OF-6 and OF-7) and College of Admirals (OF-5).
    - Updates to texts referencing deployment and command chains. Clarifcation between strategic, division and field officers.
    - Creation of a 'Project Coordinator' function.
    - Reform of Commissar's Office, detailed in Disciplinary Manual.

CHANGES V12.1:

Primarily housekeeping update. No changes in doctrine.
    - Minor corrections in body of text.
    - Added CSG expanded ranks, including Auxiliary Leader, to accomodate older structural reform.
    - Capital Command Lieutenant-Commander paygrade changed to OF-5.
    - Commissar now allowed to appoint Service Secretaries (S-Sec) to assist.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  2. Grythan

Grythan Commodore (OF-4)

I love the Blackout Ribbon. :D

3. SillyDeath4you

SillyDeath4you Well-Known Member

Funny thing I had already thought about creating awards for SUN and wanted to ask you Tyrus what you think about this. Great to see SUN staff was faster than me. Really good idea and outstanding designs. Once more glad to be here with you guys!

nojan and Spartan Invicta like this.
  4. Chapple

Chapple Member

I have one ribbon, the blackout ribbon.

I feel highly decorated and special.

5. nojan

nojan Captain (OF-3)

got the black ribbon:D:D

Spartan Invicta likes this.
  6. Ski

Ski Well-Known Member

Don't forget to update your ribbon racks in your sig. :p

Arkticus and nojan like this.
  7. Ishkibibble

Ishkibibble Pilot Officer (OF-1)

Cool idea. It would be cool if we could get ribbon or award functionality embedded under your avatar, or perhaps as an expandable window or something to that effect. I don't see them remaining functionally useful as people achieve more of them due to their current massive size. On that note, it would be nice for the same functionality to exist for owned ships. It would be pretty cool to go the whole specialized custom forum route, with each post functioning more as an information system on the player, rather then a window detailing a lot of useless fluff. Perhaps something to look at a fundraising campaign for....

8. Capt.Mitch

Capt.Mitch Well-Known Member

I think it would be better for admin to put the ribbons up for the servicemen that way there is no confusion and no one tries to just add them for fluff

9. Tyrus

Tyrus Retired (OF-1)

My paperwork gland just exploded.

EDIT: we actually keep record of who has which awards. Obviously, parading around a decoration you didn't earn will earn you a visit from some very omnious people clad in black, speaking harsh German and wearing funny symbols on their sleeves.

10. Ski

Ski Well-Known Member

This. All of this. Take it to Zov in the suggestions forum. Especially the part about "Awards/ribbon rack as part of the avatar panel" thing.

11. Volgat

Volgat TAR-Marine (OF-1)

How do you go about putting the ribbon into your signature?

12. Ski

Ski Well-Known Member

13. bleachorange

bleachorange Rear Admiral Liberty (Acting) (OF-5) Staff Member

Yay! Ribbonses and stuffs. :p

14. Ski

Ski Well-Known Member

Hey CAG. I built you a more properly spaced ribbon rack if you'd rather use this

http://i.imgur.com/Srary4m.png

Looks like
    [​IMG]

bleachorange likes this.
  15. Logante

Logante Well-Known Member

16. GregorM

GregorM Pilot Officer (OF-1)

Read. Will ad 503 ribbon. I on`t think i have earned any other ribbons yet, except an imaginary one for luring Germans to this outfit. :D

17. Ziro

Ziro Member

I'll add my blackout ribbon when Im not on my phone.

18. OG

OG Pilot Officer (OF-1)

Could you put this in some google doc so there won't be any misunderstandings who was awarded what decorations?

BTW Great document!

19. Tyrus

Tyrus Retired (OF-1)

Servicemen

New version of manual added in original post.

ButterChump and prae like this.
  20. CatinHat

CatinHat First Captain (OF-3)

Is it just page 20 that is different? Not seeing much of a change in the manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.