1. Welcome to The Systems United Navy forums! It looks like you're not signed in, you can fix that by clicking here. You get access to extra awesome features if you're logged in.

Hurricane Matthew Relief Efforts

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Light Cavalry, Oct 9, 2016.

By Light Cavalry on Oct 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM
  1. Light Cavalry

Light Cavalry Ombudsman (OF-1) Staff Member

Hey @Servicemen!

Light Cavalry, your friendly neighborhood Ombudsman here.
    I just got back to my home after having evacuated due to the unprecedented Hurricane Matthew that impacted the Carribean and the Southeast United States.

I was lucky that other than some minor flooding, my home was undamaged and everything was fine. However, many people, particularly in Haiti, lost their lives, family members, their homes, and their livelihoods to this natural disaster.

Now, unless you're willing to take days out of your schedule and fly down, it seems difficult to help anyone, but there are ways to help in the relief efforts for this disaster.

The charitable organization I recommend donating to are either the International Red Cross or UNICEF. Both have reputations for being highly effective aid organizations and are conducting relief efforts for those who were affected by hurricane Matthew.

I can't emphasize enough how much every dollar you donate means to the people of Haiti, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. I know SUN members have demonstrated themselves to be charitable in the past, so I ask for you all to rise to the occasion once again. Thank you all for being an amazing organization, see you in the 'verse!

To donate to UNICEF click here
    To donate to the International Red Cross click here and find the "Donate now" button for Hurricane Matthew

-LIGHT CAVALRY, Systems United Navy
    Ombudsman

Accipiens ad Astra

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Light Cavalry, Oct 9, 2016.