1. Welcome to The Systems United Navy forums! It looks like you're not signed in, you can fix that by clicking here. You get access to extra awesome features if you're logged in.

Candidacy: Caldfyr

Discussion in 'Recruitment Office' started by Robert Lewis, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis Captain (OF-3)

Username: Robert Lewis
    RSI Handle: Caldfyr
    RSI Forum profile:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/199557/Caldfyr

Given Name: Robert
    Initial of Last Name: L
    Timezone in UTC: UTC-7

Ship(s):
    - Idris P - 'Boudica'
    - Constellation Andromeda - 'Shitow Haruka'
    - Freelancer MIS - 'Shitow Megumi'
    - F7C-R Hornet Tracker - 'Undecided'
    - Aurora LN - 'Undecided'
    - 325A Fighter - 'Undecided'

Intended Service Type: Full Fleet Service

Why did you choose the Systems United Navy:
    I'm looking for an environment of "serious fun." Your obvious organization and attention to detail look like they will provide it. The manual is a work of art!
    What can you contribute towards the Systems United Navy:
    I'm laid back, generous, and organized. I can relax to break room humor, but I know when to engage serious mode.

I retired from the USAF as a sergeant, so I'm used to taking orders from young lieutenants, and I'm happy to help them tie their shoes.

I have an Idris and a subscription. I want to command one day, but would also enjoy starting out a crewman and eventually being somebody's first officer for awhile. I would really enjoy being a sensor officer at the start.

My ships have lifetime insurance, so I'd be happy to loan them out to noobs or for fleet operations.

I have experience training folk and drafting SOPs and manuals, and would enjoy joining a training cadre.

How did you find out about the Systems United Navy:
    The organization forums.

Do you have any specialities or attributes that can positively contribute towards the Systems United Navy:
    I was a sergeant for many years. I have operationally controlled a network center of ~50 people, setting and reviewing priorities for multiple functional areas and preparing end-of-shift briefings. I have also administratively led a 10 person team where I provided training and evaluations.

In short, I bring a Starfarer-load of organizational leadership and management experience. I'm also a pretty nice guy, always happy to assist anyone in need.

How do you see yourself playing Star Citizen:
    I see myself spending several hours a day on my assigned Idris performing any duties, be they combat, paperwork, or periodic maintenance.

Any other queries or comments

My iMac just soiled itself so I'm without a box until around July 13-20th when the final part comes in for my new system. However, I have Teamspeak on my phone and can take part in any interviews.

LexC, Phoenician, Xasper and 2 others like this.
  2. bleachorange

bleachorange Rear Admiral Liberty (Acting) (OF-5) Staff Member

Congratulations, Robert Lewis!

Receipt of your pie fee has been documented. Welcome aboard as a member of Systems United Navy! Now, you list Full Fleet Service (FFS) as your desired service type, so I'm going to go by your several Idris mentions as an indicator you would like to be in a Capital Command section of a battle group (FFS means you plan to play on a regular basis in either a capital asset or a fighter squadron). Please let me know if this is not the case and you have a different preference outside of Capital Command.

You will receive your service assignment shortly after your reply to the above is received.

Your Almighty Admiral,
    bleachorange

3. bleachorange

bleachorange Rear Admiral Liberty (Acting) (OF-5) Staff Member

You are assigned to Capital Command, Battle Group Liberty. Your unit is FFG L-3, and Xasper is your superior officer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.